Celebrities and CBD: A Love Story
It's no secret that celebrities of all types - athletes, influencers, actors, musicians, comedians - love them some CBD! The exposure CBD gets from the mainstream acceptance from celebs is a double-edged sword. Some just want to jump on the trend with the cool kids, unfortunately resulting in the promotion of less than effective products (snake oil if you will), while others are truly passionate about the health benefits. Here are 10 famous faces who have fallen in love with CBD.
1. Rob Gronkowski: after famously retiring from the New England Patriots (he has since come out of retirement to join Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers), tight end Gronk became a brand ambassador for CBDMEDIC. Gronk has talked extensively about the relief his body has gotten from using CBD. Football players are particularly susceptible to brain damage due to the high impact nature of the sport. He is only one of many football players advocating for cannabis use post-retirement.
Image courtesy: Fitplan
2. Kim Kardashian: the reality star threw a CBD baby shower, and has said that she swears by CBD to help with overwhelm after starting law school while raising 4 children.
Image Courtesy: Fox News
3. Tom Hanks: the actor lovingly known as "America's Dad" partnered with Cornell University to study the benefits of CBD.
Image Courtesy: WBTV
Image Courtesy: IMDb
5. Jay-Z: the rapper and business mogul (and husband to megastar Beyoncé) recently entered into a partnership with San Jose based brand Caliva. The goal of his partnership is also to "focus on and work to increase the economic participation of citizens returning from incarceration - many of who are not seeing the monetary benefits of legalization - through advocacy, job training, and overall employee and workforce development."
Image Courtesy: Fox News
Image Courtesy: Oprah Magazine
7. Mike Tyson: the former heavyweight champion of the world claims that CBD is a miracle oil and has launched his own cannabis company Tyson Ranch, including a line of CBD-enhanced beverages called DWiiNK.
Image Courtesy: InsideHook
Image Courtesy: LA Times
9. Michael J. Fox: the actor, who has battled Parkinson's Disease for years, founded the founded the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research in 2000, which has studied intensely on the use of Cannabis, Marijuana and CBD for helping Parkinson’s Disease.
Image Courtesy: www.michaeljfox.org
10. Whoopi Goldberg: the comedian, actor, and talk show host launched CBD brand Whoopi & Maya in 2016, a brand that focuses on women's relief. They have since shut down operations but she will no doubt start a new venture in the near future.
Image Courtesy: Hollywood Reporter